This is how to know if you are suffering from alcohol poisoning

featured2 - This is how to know if you are suffering from alcohol poisoning

Alcohol poisoning often occurs when a person consumes too much alcohol within a very short period of time. During this period, this high level of alcohol in the body’s system is believed to be toxic and can even result in death if it goes untreated.

Unlike other drugs that are normally abused, alcohol is more dangerous owing to the fact that it will continue to build up in a person’s blood long after the person has stopped drinking. This is because, when in the body, alcohol usually goes through the same digestion process as other beverages, meaning it goes through metabolism in the liver before being absorbed into the person’s blood stream. At this point is when the person will start feeling the effects of the alcohol. In a nutshell, by the time you decide that you have had one too many, it is too late.

These are the symptoms you need to be wary of as theywill let you know if you are suffering from alcohol poisoning.

 

1 - This is how to know if you are suffering from alcohol poisoning

Experiencing a blackout:When a person experiences an alcohol induced blackout, they tend tobe fully conscious, and may keep on drinking but come the next day, they will not have a recollection of whatever transpired during this time. What most alcohol consumers do not know is that such conditions may be life threatening and a telltale sign of alcohol poisoning.

 

2 - This is how to know if you are suffering from alcohol poisoning

Experiencing hypothermia: An obvious sign of suffering from alcohol poisoning is hypothermia. A person’s body temperature will drop dangerously low as the excess alcohol in the body disrupts the body’s normal functioning.

 

3 - This is how to know if you are suffering from alcohol poisoning

Experiencing slowed breathing:Too much alcohol in the blood stream affects the body’s ability to receive oxygen. This will result in slowed breathing which could fall to below eight breaths a minute.

Vomiting: This is the body’s reflex action when it seeks to expel a foreign substance that it deems dangerous. It is therefore common for a person to vomit when they have drank too much alcohol as the body tries to reject it. This is another obvious sign of alcohol poisoning.

The moment you start noticing these signs, it is time to request for emergency medical services. Be sure to follow this up with rehab.

Please share your thoughts with us on this article.

Related posts